Discover who’s who in the tech startup industry with Founders Network Founder Profiles. Each profile covers one of our founders, their startup vision, achievements and current focus. Gain key insights about their most valuable lessons learned, greatest mentors and tips for staying motivated.
Arjun Dev Arora
San Francisco, Ca.
BSc, Electrical engineering and computer sciences / Entrepreneurship & Technology
- BD & Strategy at Yahoo! Real Estate
- Investment Banker at Jefferies Broadview
- Angel Investor, 500 Startups LP, Thiel Fellowship Mentor
– Focused on providing retargeting and targeted display solution for medium sized and enterprise level companies. ReTargeter serves your ads to your audience after they leave your website.
To help companies optimize their ad spend online and “wow” their customers via the web by showing a site’s banner ads to its users after they leave the site.
- 400% rev growth in 2011
- Grew headcount from 1 person to 30 in less than 3 years without outside funding
- Increased reach to billions of imipressions via ad network and ad exchange
- Scaling up our team
- Improving our customer facing dashboard
- Building our vertical expertise (Software, Retail, HR, Auto and Entertainment)
“The biggest thing was learning to articulate and clearly live by our company values. This was a huge lesson learned for me. When we first started in hustle mode our focus was on getting things done. So we hired a lot of folks and a few of the people we hired did not align with our values. We ended up having to let them go, even though one of them was our top performer. Even so, this was the best decision we made. It allowed us to floursih and grow.”
“For me motivation is innate. Its something that’s always present. I mean low points happen but if you are aware of where and why they happen you can fix them. We spend lots of time on EQ and we know that we have to be masters of it.”
“My biggest mentors are serial entrepreneurs. What makes them great mentors is that they truly understand issues that we, as founders, are dealing with and where we are coming from. It is almost always about having someone who has been there before, who has confidence or experiecne to get you going, or inspire you. For me mentors are informal. They are good friends and peers like Adam Jackson, Ron Bouganim. I don’t really have any formal mentors. I just learn from everyone around me.”
Founded in 2011, Founders Network offers lifelong peer mentorship to over 600 tech startup founders globally. Our platform, programs and high-touch service facilitate authentic experience sharing, warm introductions and long-term professional relationships. Additional benefits include over $500k in startup discounts and promotion to 2,000 newsletter readers. Members are located in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, London and other tech hubs. Each month our Membership Committee admits a new cohort of full-time tech founders who are nominated by an existing member.