We are proud to introduce our June ’12 Cohort of Tech Startup Founders. Pictured from left they are:
- Artie Wu, founder of stealth company based in San Francisco, CA. Prior experience includes founder/CEO of Mamapedia connecting moms at every stage of their children’s lives to compelling content from the source they trust most; other moms, founding Vividence Corporation which was acquired by Keynote Systems in 2004. Artie holds an AB in Economics from Harvard and an MBA from Stanford.
- Mislav Malenica, founder/CEO of Vingd based Zagreb, Croatia. Vingd is like a PayPal for intangible goods (digital music, videos, articles) helping partners monetize their digital content efficiently. Prior experience includes 8 years experience in artificial intelligence, game theory and machine learning. Mislav holds a B.Sc in Computer Science.
- Anna Gatti, co-founder of Soshoma based in San Francisco, CA. Soshoma is a startup that leverages AI algorithms to optimize e-commerce. Prior experience includes being Director of Advertising and New Monetization at Skype and Head of International Online Sales and Operations at Youtube.
- Rob Mancabelli, co-founder/CEO of BrightBytes based in San Francisco, CA provides engaging, cost-effective skill assessment and professional development to educators around the world. Prior experience includes 15 years as an education sector CIO, co-authoring the book “Personal Learning Networks: Using the Power of Connections to Transform Education”, serves on the educational advisory boards for Dell Computer and Acer Corporation. Rob is an MBA graduate of MIT.
- Martin Pannier, co-founder/COO of SocialFolders based in San Francisco, CA provides a new way to manage your content on your various social networks. Prior experience includes founding and being the CEO of Picuous aimed to bring picture embedding to the masses. Martin is a Founder Institute graduate and holds a MSc, Business Administration and Management from AgroPairsTech.
- Chad Jackson, founder of Sendicate based in NYC, NY a content publishing tool for email. Prior experience includes Marketing & Public Relations Manager at Evisu, founding and running The88 a bespoke digital agency offering strategic direction, creative services, website and iPhone production, social media management, and content creation. Chad holds a BA in Arts History and Theory from University of Sydney.
- Daniel Chen, founder of Workoutinbox based in Mountain View, CA a fitness performance-tracking platform that focuses on bringing science to fitness. Prior experience includes co-founding V-Pitch enabling businesses to digitize, distribute and analyze their “best-foot-forward” sales pitch, +10 years experience building software and web services for startups, Fortune 500 companies and government agencies.
- Andrew Okunev, founder/CEO of Runbyme based in Sunnyvale, CA an organic way to collaborate and get things done. Prior experience includes co-founding and being the CEO of Medialooks a company that makes software SDKs and components to help developers rapidly build professional multimedia applications. Andrew holds a Ph.D., Economics & Management from the Moscow City Government University of Management.
- Maren Kate Donovan, founder Zirtual based in San Francisco, CA. Zirtual connects busy people with personal assistants who are passionate about making their client’s lives easier. Prior experience includes founding Oracle Launch a social media marketing & web design company and being an eBay Powerseller.
- Robert Adams, founder Email Yak based in Palo Alto, CA an Email API to make it easier for web applications to receive email. Prior experience includes founding Yak Groups a web-based group collaboration tool for students & co-founding iqDevelpments a Content Management System for small communities. Robert holds a BA in Computer Science and Software Engineering & an MBA from the University of Texas.
- Jaro Šatkevič, co-founder/CEO of Busyflow based in Vilnius, Lithuania a web and mobile productivity app that integrates cloud based productivity and communication tools and makes them work together. Prior experience includes co-founding Startups.it, toostis.com & ututi.com and president of association “OpenSource for Lithuania”.
With the addition of the June Cohort, Founders Network is now more than 150 members strong! We are excited about the deep and diverse experience sets and perspectives each new member brings to our peer mentorship community of tech startup founders. Together we are taking management and personal risk off the table and ensuring mutual success. Stay tuned to the fnBlog for startup updates, tips and lessons learned from each of our new members.
To learn more about us click here.
Founded in 2011, Founders Network offers lifelong peer mentorship to over 600 tech startup founders globally. Our platform, programs and high-touch service facilitate authentic experience sharing, warm introductions and long-term professional relationships. Additional benefits include over $500k in startup discounts and promotion to 2,000 newsletter readers. Members are located in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, London and other tech hubs. Each month our Membership Committee admits a new cohort of full-time tech founders who are nominated by an existing member.