We are proud to introduce our February ’13 Cohort of Tech Startup Founders. Arranged Alphabetically by first name.
1. David Chen, Founder and CEO of RECAPP. RECAPP is your personal sports section. Read the highest-quality news about your favorite teams and sports in one cleanly designed app. David is based in San Francisco, California.
2. Dean Kelly, Co-Founder of Zanui. Zanui is Australia’s new online destination for furniture and homewares. They provide consumers with stylish new products for home, inspiration and ideas for home decoration and unmatched customer service. Dean is based in Sydney, New South Wales.
3. Fryderyk Ovcaric, CEO of Social Media Interactive. Social Media Interactive is a celebrity endorsed, online fitness platform. Fryderyk is based in San Francisco, California.
4. Gary Herman, CEO of CrowdPop. CrowdPop is a startup fundraising platform with legal automation, market acceleration, exposure to angels, private and secure rounds, all in one place. Fundraising for startups by startups. Gary is based in Santa Cruz, California.
5. George Ludwig, Founder and CEO of 6Builder. 6Builder is a SAAS platform that helps you engage your tribe, become a thought-leader, and leverage your tribe on social media. George is based in San Francisco, California.
6. Greg Moore, CEO of fit3D, Inc. fit3D, Inc. is a non-invasive body measurement scanners and online services that optimize weight loss clinics and enable users to visualize a path to weight loss success. Greg is based in San Francisco, California.
7. Hillan Klein, CEO of Budge. Budge is a fun way to challenge your friends to anything, and the loser then donates to charity. Hillan is based in New York, New York.
8. Jack Gonzalez, Co-CEO of aMAP.to. aMAP.to allows businesses, organizations, and people to create useful, personalized maps that are easy to share. Jack is based in San Francisco, California.
9. Jay Connolly, Founder of Lift Hero. Lift Hero is an Uber for seniors who have trouble driving, offering on-demand, and round-trip transportation in the personal vehicles of trusted drivers. Jay is based in San Francisco, California.
10. Joe Pascual, Co-Founder and CEO of Dotstudioz Inc. Dotstudioz Inc. is an entertainment technology company that provides digital media professionals access to innovative tools and technologies that empower them to create successful business models in the emerging new media space, at affordable rates. Joe is based in Burbank, California.
11. John Fries, Founder of Jomit, LLC. Jomit, LLC is in stealth mode. John is based in Los Angeles, California.
12. John Gibbons, Founder and CEO of NeonGrid. NeonGrid credits, links, and expands job opportunities for creative professionals. John is based in Culver City, California.
13. Jon Oleaga, CEO of Etceter. Etceter is a platform that allows users to gather, group, and organize visually any kind of content, files, links, text, and images. They are a B2B company, focused at education, marketing agencies and midrange companies. Jon is based in San Francisco, California.
14. Mat Ellis, Founder and CEO of Cloudability. Cloudability provides comprehensive tools that measure cloud infrastructure costs and usage throughout an organization. Mat is based in Portland, Oregon.
15. Michael Rapadas, Co-Founder and CEO of BlurtAbout. BlurtAbout is a real-time social experience that connects thoughts in a whole new way. Users share their thoughts to a larger audience, and make a lasting impact. BlurtAbout is the social network where your post matters most. Michael is based in San Francisco, California.
16. Nipun Girotra, CEO of 1factory. 1factory is quality control for the Global, Multi-tiered Supply chain. Nipun is based in San Jose, California.
17. Paul Bussi, Co-Founder and CEO of Tapgreet. Tapgreet places self-service greeting card kiosks in coffeehouses and cafe’s. Paul is based in San Rafael, California.
18. Rakesh Tondon, CEO of LE TOTE. LE TOTE is a women’s online fashion rental service offering access to unlimited boutique style apparel and accessories for everyday wear. Rakesh is based in San Francisco, California.
19. Ranan Lachman, Founder of LegoBox. LegoBox is a platform for bartering Lego sets on a Netflix model. Ranan is based in Brooklyn, New York.
20. Ron J. Williams, Co-Founder and CEO of Knodes. Knodes analyzes social signals to drive highly effective social recruiting, engagement, and marketing campaigns. They make networks actually work. Ron is based in New York, New York.
21. Scott Yates, Founder of BlogMutt. BlogMutt is a blog writing service for businesses that don’t have time to write their own posts. Scott is based in Denver, Colorado.
22. Scotty Allen, Co-Founder of AppMonsta. AppMonsta collects, aggregates, and analyzes data to help businesses and investors better understand the mobile app ecosystem. Scotty is based in Palo Alto, California.
23. Steven Clarke-Martin, Founder and CEO of Relevance. Relevance is a technology company that uses words spoken in movies and television episodes coupled with viewer profiles to deliver ads from both brands and merchants. Steven is based in San Francisco, California.
24. Ty Walrod, Co-Founder and CEO of Bright Funds. Bright Funds is a better way to give to the causes that matter to you and invest your charitable giving in the most impactful way possible. Ty is based in San Francisco, California.
25. Zachary Goldberg, Co-Founder and CEO of WiFast. WiFast ‘jailbreaks’ consumer grade home routers and allow users to get more value from these devices than they ordinarily do. Zachary is based in Mountain View, California.
With the addition of the February Cohort, Founders Network is now more than 300 members strong! We are excited about the deep and diverse experience sets and perspectives each new member brings to our peer mentorship community of tech startup founders. Together we are taking management and personal risk off the table and ensuring mutual success. Stay tuned to the fnBlog for startup updates, tips and lessons learned from each of our new members. To learn more about Founders Network click here.
Founded in 2011, Founders Network offers lifelong peer mentorship to over 600 tech startup founders globally. Our platform, programs and high-touch service facilitate authentic experience sharing, warm introductions and long-term professional relationships. Additional benefits include over $500k in startup discounts and promotion to 2,000 newsletter readers. Members are located in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, London and other tech hubs. Each month our Membership Committee admits a new cohort of full-time tech founders who are nominated by an existing member.